Sunday, January 2, 2000

General FAQ



How do I register?
            On the Tools tab you will find registration links for your class. There is also an instructional video to walk you through the process.

How do I find out my grade in the class?
            On the Tools tab is a link to grade reports for your class. Fill out the form and your grade will be emailed back to you.

Is there extra credit?
            Extra credit is received through doing the responses. If you pass more than are required or get more S grades than required, you get extra credit. See the Response Grade Progression for more of an explanation.

Why don’t you use Canvas or another system?
            I’ve found that these systems are limited and don’t adequately accommodate my teaching methodology. Also, I would rather students learn to use tools that they might encounter in real life such as blogs and Google Documents.

What books do I need for class?
            Books are listed on the syllabus.

Do I need the optional book?
            No, that’s why it’s optional, but I highly recommend it.

Can I use electronic books (ebooks)?
            Yes. I'm a big supporter of ebooks. I've tried to select books that have an electronic option.

No comments:

Post a Comment